Thursday, November 11, 2010

Glitches

I have realized, that something needs to be changed in my code. I did some tests trying to see how program responses to big numbers. I have created a planet with the size exact to Earth's, and tried to fly here and there to see the performance, and then I ran to some unpleasant glitches.

glitches.png

This is taken from the stationary orbit at 1100 km from the surface of the virtual Earth. Strange thing that this artifacts not always appears (maybe I should call them UFO? :) ). It seems that this happens when some other processes run in background and use CPU resources a lot. I haven't tested it on other computers, maybe it's hardware specific.

I also noticed, that memory allocation and garbage collection isn't quite good, because the project constantly drains memory while runs. The problem is in LoD code, definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment